Article Submission and Publishing
If you would like to submit an article or story to The Hinterland Journal, please follow the instructions below for consideration. Only articles and stories that meet most of these criteria will remain published.
- The article or story must be grammatically correct and well-written.
- Maximum word length is 1000 words. Images can be added but must be related to the topic you are writing about.
- The article or story must not include marketing-related or affiliate links and must not be entirely self-promotional. Links must be relevant to your article or story.
- Articles and stories must not contain or allude to nudity, pornography or any other adult content.
- Articles and stories must not proselytise.
- Articles and stories must not be used to push your own favourite cause, political agenda or personal views on controversial issues.
- Articles and stories must not be contentious (something that is controversial or likely to create an argument).
- All sources, quotations and other third-party content used within your article or story must be correctly attributed.
- Articles and stories should be original (with the exception of media releases) and may not have been published elsewhere online already. All submissions will be verified for originality using a tool such as Grammarly or Plagiarisma.
All articles will be checked for spelling and grammar errors by the editors of The Hinterland Journal.
Please be aware if your article or story does not meet most the above criteria, it may be reviewed, edited or deleted after publishing by the editors of The Hinterland Journal.
These guidelines are subject to change to without notice.
Images and Videos
Under copyright laws, the following can be uploaded and used on our website…
- Images and videos that are in the public domain or are available under Creative Commons.
- Images and videos that you own personally (e.g. you are the photographer).
- Images and videos you have permission to use.
The Hinterland Journal is a family-friendly website. All images must meet these requirements…
- No nudity, pornography or any other adult content.
- No vulgar, obscene, insulting or objectionable content.
Images must not be more than 1Mb in file size. All images and videos must be properly sourced and credited.